Monday, September 17, 2007

Update on Riding Glasses

According to local Harley dealer Panoptx is the way to go when it comes to riding glasses. Reasons include better foam to seal out road dust and, more importantly, shatter proof lenses – something Harley-Davidson does not offer in their line.

One cautionary note on the Panoptx: do not wipe the inside of lenses if wet, this can damage the anti-fog coating and “make them pretty much useless.” While I question that this would make the glasses useless it could certainly have an impact on their day-to-day use and you don’t want to bollocks up a pair of pricey glasses.

I purchased the Whirlwind CV model today. The frame are very comfortable even with the foam seal, they are fairly light and not tight on the temple – important traits for all-day use. I will provide impressions on the glasses after I’ve had a chance to ride with them for a couple of weeks. Given that the days are getting shorter I should have plenty of opportunities to use the day/night Photochromic lenses.

Digg It | Reddit It | Add to del.icio.us

I'm reading: Update on Riding GlassesTweet this!

No comments: